LINK TO APPLICATION: https://forms.gle/SqXJkPgBcQCujuVx
CALLING ALL INNOVATORS!
We are looking for innovative projects that bring grassroots solutions to environmental challenges and/or support a green economy.
If you are green entrepreneur, or you work on issues related to climate-smart agriculture, air, water or soil quality, energy efficiency, or similar issues, this is for you!
AREAS OF INTEREST FOR THE CHALLENGE
The GEF SGP and UNDP Accelerator Lab will support strategic projects and initiatives related to:
1. Community-based conservation of threatened ecosystems and species
2. Sustainable agriculture and fisheries, and food security
3. Low-carbon energy access co-benefits
4. Local to global coalitions for chemicals and waste management
5. Catalysing sustainable urban solutions
6. Strengthening entrepreneurship around indigenous eco-friendly goods and services
Social inclusion is an important criterion, and as such projects should support gender equity and address vulnerability and equality concerns.
HOW IT WORKS
Tells us about your project, business, organization or idea, and how it helps to solve environmental challenges in new or innovative ways.
We’ll select some winners and provide them with the technical and financial support that they need to maximize their positive impacts and sustainability.
Selection will follow this process:
· Concept Notes will be shortlisted and shortlisted candidates invited to submit full proposals.
· Shortlisted candidates will receive mentorship towards creating a full proposal.
· Full proposals will then be evaluated.
· Candidates will pitch their ideas to a panel of experts who will select the winners
WHO CAN APPLY?
Applications will be accepted from two groupings:
1. Civil society organizations (CSOs) with priority for national and local non-governmental organizations (NGOs), community-based organizations (CBOs), farmers, scientific community, women’s groups, and youth and children’s organizations.
2. Individuals and micro-small enterprises.
Grants are available at three levels:
1. Planning - a planning grant can be used to implement a pilot and has a maximum value of $5,000USD.
2. Enterprise - an enterprise grant has a maximum value of $10,000USD and may be provided towards developing and testing a minimally viable product (MVP)/sample/prototype or pilot launch of a solution, goods or service.
3. Full grant - a full grant has a maximum value of $50,000USD.
All applicants, including individuals and businesses, may apply for the enterprise grant.
· Planning or Full grants - Maximum duration 24 months.
· Enterprise grant - Maximum duration 6 months
HOW TO APPLY
Complete the Online Project Concept Form here: https://forms.gle/SqXJkPgBcQCujuVx
Alternatively, download the Offline Project Concept Form here.
Offline Project Concept Forms can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mailed to:
GEF SGP/Accelerator Lab Call
UN House, 3A Chancery Lane
Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
APPLICATION DEADLINE: MARCH 31 2021 AT MIDNIGHT
For more information, please contact: email@example.com
The Global Environment Facility Small Grants Programme (GEF SGP) and the UNDP Accelerator Lab are joining forces to offer grant funding for small scale projects, innovators and thought leaders whose work supports the environment.
The GEF SGP provides financial and technical support to local communities including indigenous people, community-based organizations and other non-governmental groups - for projects that conserve and restore the environment while enhancing people's well-being and livelihoods. Such projects demonstrate that community action can maintain the fine balance between human needs and environmental conservation and protection.
For more information on GEF SGP visit: https://sgp.undp.org/about-us-157.html
The UNDP Accelerator Lab based in Trinidad and Tobago, serving Guyana, Suriname, Aruba, Curacao and St Maarten looks for local innovators who are addressing development challenges, including those related to the environment. We bring them together with the private sector, government and global innovators to reimagine development solutions for 21st century challenges and accelerate the speed at which such solutions are found. In the process we seek to support community entrepreneurship and development.
For more information on UNDP Accelerator Labs visit: https://acceleratorlabs.undp.org/